Developed through a collaboration with Penske Racing to reduce weight and enhance airflow for use in NASCAR, this ultra-lightweight version of the RS7 Carbon combines an aerospace-grade carbon shell
, reinforced energy absorbing liner system, and the performance features of the HP7 to create the most advanced, lightweight Snell rated helmet that can be used in North America's most demanding forms of racing.
Penske Racing challenged Bell's engineering team to develop a purpose-built helmet incorporating advanced airflow, enhanced energy management capability, and the ability to be used with or without ear cups in an ultra-lightweight configuration and delivered race-ready under 2.795 pounds
The RS7C features an ultra lightweight carbon fiber shell
, advanced styling and redesigned interior that provides maximum comfort. The shell and shield design have been optimized by moving the shield pivot pointer to a lower position to improve acoustic comfort, aerodynamic behavior, and energy absorption. The RS7 liner system is all new featuring a multi-piece, multi-density high-impact custom bead absorbing liner. The helmet's redesigned ergonomic interior incorporates multiple density comfort foams and padding to ensure the best possible fit to accommodate a variety of head shapes.
Ventilation has been improved with the introduction of 14 air intake and extraction channels strategically placed around the shell, maximizing airflow around the head and the face. The RS7C has an optical grade Double Screen Anti Fog (DSAF) shield
, with variable thickness exceeding 5mm in the field of vision, setting a new standard for clarity and fog control. The shield seal has also been improved with the introduction of a rubber gasket ensuring that air and water especially in wet conditions can't penetrate into the helmet through the eyeport. The helmet's chin guard face piece is removable and the integrated channels offer multiple options to install integrated drinking tube systems and radio microphone systems.
The RS7C LTWT is certified to the Snell SA2020
standard and now includes factory installed HANS posts as standard equipment. Detailed Specs:
- Aerospace Grade Ultra-Lightweight Carbon Fiber Shell
- Race-ready under 2.8 pounds!
- Matte Clearcoat finish leaving visible the large Carbon Weave
- Aerodynamically Sleek, Lightweight and Efficient as Possible
- Developed via Collaboration with Penske Racing
- Advanced Styling and Redesigned Interior that Provides Maximum Comfort
- Multi-Density High-Impact Absorbing Liner
- 14 Air Intake and Extraction Channels
- Ultra Plush Grey Comfort-Max FR Interior
- Rubber Gasket Shield Seal Ensures that Water and Dust Can't Penetrate into the Helmet
- Channels in the Face Piece Offer Easy Installation of Drinking Tube and Radio Systems
- SE07 3MM DSAF Shield (SV SE07 Pivot System)
- Equipped with Double Screen Anti Fog Visor (DASF) Insert
- Factory installed HANS Posts as standard equipment ($80 Value)
- Snell SA2020 Certification